Vocal Excercises

i know this is a old thread, but are these vocal lessons really good ? cause i dont wanna pay X amount of money and then it doesn't help me... has anyone used this ?

i know this is a old thread, but are these vocal lessons really good ? cause i dont wanna pay X amount of money and then it doesn't help me... has anyone used this ?

All you can do is go on recomendation. Look for the lesson that is the most highly touted by people with no stake in it's success.
I can tell you this much. You will not get results for a while, so don't be quick to judge. Also a live trainer is always best because they can correct misconceptions right away and can taylor your program to you.

Good Luck

F.S.

I had a listen to the demo and she seems to cover important things like posture, breathing and vocal exercises. I assume she also covers register breaks, head and chest voice and all other aspects of voice training. I think this would be better than no voice training at all, but strongly recommend one to one lessons if possible, as nothing beats having a tutor watch, listen and explain as you go. She/he would also take into account what type of singing you would ultimately like to do and incorporate that into lessons.

I took classical vocal training (sort of like opera) and adapted it my self.
It translates. There is really only one way to sing right;):D It only sounds like opera if you're singing an opera. Saves your voice too.

F.S.

My Echo hardware is so awesome and stable that I now see how much my singing sucks.

Is there a good way to extend your range down a few half steps?

edit: I wish I was just being silly, but my singing really is awful and I really do need to get about a whole step lower to get this one song I'm working on, and there's no singing forum here, and this thread looks like a great spot to ask about it, and I love my Echo Audiofire 12!

My Echo hardware is so awesome and stable that I now see how much my singing sucks.

edit: I wish I was just being silly, but my singing really is awful and I really do need to get about a whole step lower to get this one song I'm working on, and there's no singing forum here, and this thread looks like a great spot to ask about it, and I love my Echo Audiofire 12!

Extending your range up has always been easier for me than down.
Try tipping your head slightly up to the microphone, breath in like you are yawning, leave your larynx down like that and your soft pallet dropped.
preset your vocal chords to the note and then start the notes with pressure from your diaphram. keep nice steady pressure for the duration of the note.
focus the vibration of siging on the roof of your mouth slightly back from center. This should be the place that most vibrates the top of your head.

So get in front of a mirror, keep that larynx down thow out that gut when you inhale, and buzz the top of your head:D

Simple.

Just keep singing downward scales as far as you can go with the last note being challanging and then after a while move down a 1/2 step.

F.S.

I took classical vocal training (sort of like opera) and adapted it my self.
It translates. There is really only one way to sing right;):D It only sounds like opera if you're singing an opera. Saves your voice too.

F.S.

I totally agree. I trained and taught classically - once you have those basics you can adapt to other styles.

I should have mentioned really focus on your diaphram. Curl your tounge to the roof of your mouth to darken the vowels and keep you from sounding to airy. relxing the throat and letting your diaphram do the work is key.

It's fun stuff. Really you are supposed to practice all of this stuff all the time with the point being an even timbre through out your singing range so your not squeeky in your upper range and your vowels aren't way brighter than everything else. Extending lower range is hard even if you have all this down in your normal and upper extent of your range. It's pretty hard to snap in and out of the ten or so things you have to do. It's a real matter of practice.
I need to practice:o

F.S.

"relxing the throat and letting your diaphram do the work is key."

I've never felt as though I'm REALLY using my diaphram when singing. I know sometimes with higher notes my throat really feels it and I know I'm pushing too hard with my throat.

I did this "Zen of Screaming" dvd lesson and really went for it yelling pretty loud and thats the only time I've ever felt like I was really using my diaphram. I could FEEL it working for me! But thats not when singing, just when yelling.

Does anyone here have any tips, tricks or advice for singing more from the diaphram? I've worked with a few teachers and sound good, but don't feel I'm really singing properly.

Thanks,
-Chase

Back