Vocal Editing process

I'd definitely agree that a mic preamp is the next thing to save for. I think it'll give you the biggest improvement in quality.

However, I think you'd notice some difference between an Audigy2 and say an M-Audio card for 2 reasons (IMO):

1) M-Audio uses tried & true quality A/D converters.
2) The amount of bells & whisles Creative crams into their products to appeal to the general (non-recording) public. While I haven't used the Audigy 2, I'd bet there are a ton of features you don't want and won't use, cluttering the hardware, software, and signal path.

...producers :rolleyes:

That being said, it IS a 24/96 card, and the Audigy line is said to be a few steps above their other products, and I bet it wasn't cheap. If it were me, I'd stick with it - you'll probably do just fine. However, down the road if you decide to upgrade your card, stay away from Soundblasters. Casio makes some very nice keyboards, but they're still Casios, know what I mean?

Yeah man, I listened to your clip 'that kid thirst'.
The recording of the vocal is pretty good man. I think a pre would be the next thing to look at. Maybe some work on the mixing and the drum sound too.

working on tracks too

yeah i only record vocals through my mixer into my onboard sound card so i know i can do better. i run guitar tracks D.I. through a boss GT-6. I've been working on a pop rock rap type thing and I'm thinking a vocal pre amp would be good too....a better sound card would be even better though lol. but your tracks sound pretty good from a listener's standpoint

Back