vm200

bhlewis

is any one using the vm-200 with cakewalk. if so are there any problems. i got a chance to buy one for 450.00.
p.s. do you know of any templates or studioware that exist for vm-200.

I don't run CW but I'd try the CW site and see if there's a mixer map for it. There maybe CW is pretty good about
that sort of thing. BTW, mixer is great. I love mine.

Terry

AFAIK, there is no Studioware panel in Cakewalk Pro Audio for the VM200 yet. Unlike the lucky Roland users, we are left to come up with our own. Anyone have a lot of time on their hands....?

hey mike i hear you about the time on your hands. but are you using the vm200 if so is it quiet and what kind of onboard effects does it have and what kind of soundcard are you using. thanks

>>Are you using the vm200 if so is it quiet and what kind of
>>onboard effects does it have and what kind of soundcard
>>are you using.

Yes, I am using. It is dead quiet. It has the usual stuff, echo, reverb, chorus, flange, etc. The settings are tweakable to create your own effects. I am using a Frontier Tech Dakota card. I got it originally to input ADAT tracks and now it is dedicated to my Fostex VM200/VR800 combination. To be frank, I have been so busy with my day job since I got the pair of Fostex goodies, that I have not had much time to work with them. But, despite the steep learning curve, all seems to work extremely well. I have not yet tried to actually record 8 simultaneous tracks, but I hope it will work at that level because I am in a band that can easily reach that need of simultaneous tracks.

I agree the VM200 is very quite....useful effects and Eq.
One complaint....I can't seem to find away to "Bounce Tracks" from within the mixer....routing the ADAT (9-16)
can not be sent back to channells 1-8 and back out again.
Not a big problem and there are work arounds.
All in all.....I'd purchase this mixer again. I'm satisfied with both the VM and VR

Terry

Back