VLZ 1604 issues...

Echelon

Lights Fish on Fire.
I was called in to check out a recording issue at our local childrens museum. For some reason it appears as though they aren't getting any of their vocal stuff recorded. They have it hooked into some sort of video thing so that the kids can record their own newscasts and such.

Here's the deal... When I plugged in the headphones I got sound, so I know the mics and inputs are working. The signal passed through the EQ and all that good stuff. THey have it set up some weird way, so I don't know if the signal is supposed to go through the main outs or one of the bus sends. I was looking at the manual and they mentioned something about a "Safe Mode" of some sort. I can't seem to figure out if that is on or not... I've used this board and it's variations before and I know that it shouldn't be this confusing, but I am completely and untterly confused with this one.

It's also possible that it could be some of their other equipment that is screwed up.

Any help would be amazing.

It's rather hard to even speculate what the problem might be without knowing exactly how everything is connected and to what it's connected to. :confused:

In short .... details my good man ..... more details.

Man, I have no idea how they set this up. It's like they are using the bus as the main output. Weird... I'm gonna take another stab at it later.

Back