Visual C++ Runtime error - HELP!!

kikkis

I've been running a DIGI-001 with Protools LE 6.4 for over a year now, with basically no problems (well, none that I couldn't fix). But yesterday none of my project files will open, giving me the message;
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error! Program: C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\ProtoolsLE.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Anyone have this problem before? Or know how to fix it? I've tried re-installing, to no avail.
Help me!

Hmm the installer lets me choose where I want to extract the files, but when I click on the extracted files nothing happens.

It should extract another EXE file into the folder you type in. Then you can try running that EXE file.

It installs real fast so that's probably why you're not seeing anything.

If that doesn't work, I would uninstall Pro Tools completely, re-install these run-times again, then finally re-install Pro Tools.

If that doesn't work then I have no idea.

Did you install another program recently? :confused:

I bet he installed another program or something that used a different version of those runtime files. Probably replaced the ones he had with a newer or older ones.

Back