Vista Soundcard Problems

Dweezil

I have been using an echo Mia soundcard with Creativelabs midi card but my Creative card is not supported by Vista. It has been suggested one solution might be Echo Mia midi? I cold pick that up for $200 NZ.I just need a midi input for keyboard or are there USB options? I could alternatively Audigy 2 ZS Platinum as a retro option. Is this similar to Echo Mia Midi..better? Are there new kids on the block with midi support that Vista approves of?!! Thanks for any help. Cheers

It's hard to recommend something... the real problem right now is that Vista is broken. I've always liked Echo products, so I would be confident in recommending the Mia MIDI, but not so sure about what Vista will do with it.

If you have the option to go back to XP or even Win 2000, that’s what I would do for now.

:)

Just do some looking around, check the vendor websites. See who is working their buts off to give their customers Vista support. Creative labs has been really crappy with the "professional" line of product drivers. It's been a while, the E-MU PCI interface drivers still suck, and have a memory leak to boot. And thats with there official release drivers. So just look around, hit the vendor message boards, and don't forget how awsome google is.

Back