Virus C or Supernova II...

klytus

After literally months of patient research, I have wittled down my choice of a new synth to EITHER an Access Virus C (the latest version) OR the Novation Supernova II Rack. It will be used for sample based, beat oriented electronica of varying tempos - from Portishead/Massive Attack all the way up to Chemical Bros/Prodigy.

If anyone has hands-on experience with either of these things, I'd really appreciate a frank appraisal of their performance, sweet and sour.

From reading reviews I cant really see any substantial differences :( :confused:

only substantial difference are the effects, the vocoder and some neat features the novation have that the virus don't.. it's simple things, that you'll sooner find to make a huge difference... like, modulation have control of 109 individual parameters (individual means you can set each of those to be modulated by the modulation controller with sensitivity in the range of -63 to 64.. that's cool)... like the hardness filter, the formant with and sync skew (i LOVE that one!).. for each oscillator there also is an independably running sync oscillator... it's simply huge...
Also the arpeggiator is really nice, you're gonna love that for electronic stuff...

i'd prolly recommend the virus for more trance & techno type music...

Last edited:
True... I have a lead3 and it's great. But synths are like women. The virus c, lead3 and SNII are like the hottest redhead, brunette and blonde women around, and it doesn't really matter which one you get as long as you get some!

subtractor said:
True... I have a lead3 and it's great. But synths are like women. The virus c, lead3 and SNII are like the hottest redhead, brunette and blonde women around, and it doesn't really matter which one you get as long as you get some!

true that.. they're so good that you'll get satisfied no matter what you buy..

Back