Virtual guitar amps/analog guitar amps

I don't get into the politics as intensely and regularly like some of the guys there....all day, every day.

For me, it's only minor amusement when the rest of HR is kinda slow. :)

Bikers giving up their Harleys-
In Australia a few of the Bikey gang leaders wear their patches and drive 4X4s. They're never seen on bikes. It seems that some other groups have infiltrated, taken over but maintain some of the image.
I nearly fell over laughing when I saw it for the 1st time.

I don't get into the politics as intensely and regularly like some of the guys there....all day, every day.

For me, it's only minor amusement when the rest of HR is kinda slow. :)

It's rarely amusing these days... never seen so many finely ground axes and firmly concreted opinions...:D

Yup. Just did the show last week.
He uses a EVH 5150 mark three into an isolation cabinet miced up with a Shure SM57.
He has many effect that are switched via a ground control.

Amp, cab and effects are all under the stage.

You really ought to come to few shows with me, Mike. :thumbs up:

Henry - you should have invited me to the 3pm show. No way I was giving up 3rd row seats for the evening show (nor would my wife let me!)

Well, I do like loud amps. But I'm not into pot. It's a dumb drug. Like alcohol. They're both dumb. I think that if you're going to get fucked up, do a real fucking drug like PCP or heroin. Man up, pussies.

Not like I smoke to lose my mind just a few tokes every so often. And maybe an ale before bed.
Not full blown middle of the day drunk or high ..... Now that is dumb. :drunk:

Not like I smoke to lose my mind just a few tokes every so often. And maybe an ale before bed.
Not full blown middle of the day drunk or high ..... Now that is dumb. :drunk:

I shoot smack into my jap's eye on christmas morning. You got some catching up to do.

Lol. No it isn't. Not even close. Amp companies create and sell more product than ever. I hate to break this to you, but just because you have given up and switched to artificial sounds, relatively very few others have joined you. From the local nobodies to the big dogs of music, most of them still use amps.

For recording, I agree with you. Amp sims and drum programs have taken over big-time. But live? The real stuff still reigns supreme, and rightfully so.

As time went by, I got more & more disillusioned with the sound coming out of the Pod, even after extensive, fruitless tweaking, so I've now gone back to amp + cab

Best thing I've ever done

Back