virtual bassist

seeking

Hi.

I was searching the net for a new virtual bassist like steinbergs last version.

None !

Is there really no other software like steinbergs virtual bassist....?

Im not thinking about sound modules/banks and stuff...im thinking about a patternbased player like steinbergs

best regards
-einar høiland-

Thank goodness - I bought virtual guitarist a few years ago, and it's been the most useless thing I bought, unless I want to do Whatever You Want. Just don't see the point!

Thank goodness - I bought virtual guitarist a few years ago, and it's been the most useless thing I bought, unless I want to do Whatever You Want. Just don't see the point!

Hi.

I just liked the simplisity of laying down an fast basstrack, and most of all, some trills, that i dont think i could have done myselve.(and also no retakes for hitting that bpm perfectly ;-) )

-einar-

I know what you mean, but I doubt I have ever hit the bpm perfectly, but that's because I'm human. Seriously though, if the clever finger work bit is a problem, record the track without it, then record some twiddly bits and edit them in. I know it takes longer, but it's very easy to make the song a bit stagnant. That's why I don't use the virtual guitarist - you need to prepare a midi track to play it, and then it does do nice chugging for rhythms, but it's too repetitive, and then you need to start to add in variations, program switching and other effects - so much so that it starts to take longer to use the virtual one than a real one - and I assume the bass version is the same. Simple to make a boring metronomic one, but taking a long time to do a good, realistic one.

Back