Vinyl

Tadpui

Anybody watching this HBO series? It follows a floundering major record label through the punk revolution in early 1970s New York City. Produced by Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger.

So far it's been OK. I love the subject matter, and some of the cast. They definitely take some liberties with historical events, although it's not meant as a documentary or anything. At very least it's been entertaining so far, and the soundtrack has been awesome.

I saw it advertised the other day but I've not seen it. (I don't watch much TV, our TV is more of an ornament.)

I will give it a go though sometime in the future. :thumbs up:

no spoilers from me ... lets just say im hooked :D

which automatically means no 2nd series .. i am the kiss of death!

Pretty horrible, imo. Way overacted. I had hoped for more, given the pedigree (Scorsese, Carnivale, etc.).

It's about as bad as Billions on Showtime.

I really don't like the leading actor. He's definitely guilty of overacting. But most of the rest of the cast has been pretty great so far. It's been hard to look past the casting for the celebrities though...those people are such icons, it's hard to squint and pretend that some random actor is that person. Johnny Thunders, Andy Warhol, Alice Cooper, Robert Plant...

I really don't like the leading actor. He's definitely guilty of overacting.

I was going to say I didnt like him in Boardwalk Empire, the season he was predominant in was my least favourite...as soon as I saw he was the lead in this I was like mmmmm

Back