vinyl stopping effect

Foo-bu

Does anyone know how to make the vinyl stopping effect? not like scratching but rather the sound if the tune slowing down and gradually going down in pitch. Is it a plugin? or do people somehow record themselves scrubbing a track? I'm hoping this is possible in Pro Tools.

Thanks!

usually thats done with a reel to reel machine. you just use your hand to stop the reel from spinning and it sounds like a record stopping.

There is a plugin called TapeStop that will do that. I think it's only VST though; no ProTools version, unless you have a wrapper.

Grab yourself an Alesis AirFX, $125 weird little FX unit you control by waving your hand(s) above an infared sensor. The "Vinyl Stopping" effect is one of the few that it really does well (though a lot of the other FX are fun in an "Over the top; What the heck was that?" kind of way).

You could always take a step down - put whatever track it is into Audacity (free for any platform you could want), and then use the pitch/speed changer to effect a particular area of the track.

I figured this was a common thing to have in any software (pitch shift / tempo change / combo of the two)...

Back