Vintage Olson Electronics "Big Rock" 18's

suprstar

It aint ez being green
Big ol 18 inch subs / woofers, I think from the 50's or 60's, maybe. ? Anyone ever hear of these, or know anything about em? I got a pair for practically nothing off CL. I'm specifically interested in how much power I can push thru em. I googled for a while and can't find much on em at all. :confused: I'm gonna stick em in a cab, put a huge ass amp on em, and see how far I can turn the dial before the excursion gets wild, hopefully I don't blow em up. OTOH they were so cheap, even If I do, it'll be worth the entertainment value :D

they look to be made by utah 60-70s........no listing of anything larger than 15s though............
olson was a low end eletronics mail order catalog. they are not subs..........more a woofer probably not good for more that
50-100 watts rms max.......they won't put out the bass guy. you might check........alot of these older speakers are worth money to collectors............i don't know these speakers specifically but if u got them cheep u might make a profit to a collector.
ps. no entertainment value blowing up speaker................done it tons..........boring!
better off selling them and use the money for real entertainment!

Back