Vintage Danelectro Problems...

Macpb

Hi guys,
I recently acquired an original Danelectro Convertible for free. Im pretty stoked to say the least!

It didnt work plugged in and so I'm ready to dig in and check out the goods inside to see if I could fix it, but I can't get the darn knobs off the pots and so I cant slide the pot assembly out of the body... are they just slip on knobs or is there something I am missing? They are REALLY on there good... any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

well..

Sometimes knobs will be held on by a "set screw" rotate the pot 360 degrees, or at least so you can see the entire rotations, and see if there are any tiny screws in the knob. If so, loosen them up and it should come right off...

If I was you.... It'd just give up on it. Seriously.....

I tell you what, if you ship it to me *grins* I'll throw it away for you. :D

I'm just kidding you man, don't throw it away. I've never had a corvette, but I've always loved the look. :)

Anyways, if they aren't set strews, the knobs should just pop right off...... If there's not any set screws, and they still won't come off.

You could try grabbing the knobs with a strong pair of pliers. And lifting *straight* away from the body.....

If that doesn't work, run a search for a tool called "the pot puller" (stewmac.com probally has them for sale). If I'm not mistaken the pot puller is designed for situations like this.

I hope this helps. :D

Back