Vintage 1986 Fender Twin Reverb II

bryonwinger

I'm done with bands for a while, and this is too loud for just me.

This is a rare 1986 Fender Twin Reveb II 2x12 combo amp. This amp was designed by Paul Rivera while he was working for Fender in the 80s. It was designed to be a Twin with an 80s high-gain circuit. The gain channel lives for single coils, but still sounds good with humbuckers at lower gain and the mid boost pulled out (the gain can get buzzy quick). The clean on 6 sounds like a Twin should - LOUD, clean and chimey. On 9-10, its the BEST clean/drive I've ever heard. This IS the tube overdrive you can't get in a pedal.

I've put in new power tubes about a year ago, probably less than 20 hours on them. Might need new preamp tubes (getting old), though they sound fine to me. The tolex and speaker grill are in great shape. 2x12 Original blue-label Fender speakers in great condition and not blown. Casters work like casters should. Vintage hum comes stock. Point-to-point HAND WIRING under the hood. 70-80lb workhorse. I do not have the footswitch.

I still have the original paperwork: manual, warranty, product catalogue, schematic and misc papers. Not that you need them (and the warranty is long over anyhow!), but they're fun for collectors. I don't have the footswitch. Second owner.

105 watts. 4x6L6s. 2 channels. Bright switch. Mid boost. Seperate EQ for each channel. Tube reverb. Tube effects loop. Hum Balance and Output Matching adjustment on rear. External speaker output. Extremely heavy. GREAT TONE!!

I'm looking for about $650. Open to offers of course.

Shipping will probably be around $60 (I'm guessing here)? I will charge actual shipping charges, so if it's less I'll charge you less (or more if more).

I will package well - bubble wrap, styrofoam, reinforced corners, double box, etc. Will ship UPS ground, unless you prefer somebody else or want faster shipping - let me know. Email for more pictures or info: bryonwinger@charter.net

I'm near Minneapolis, so if you want to arrange a pickup, that's fine too.

Thanks.

Back