Video conversion

MCreel

I'm not sure what subject to put this under, so I put it here.

a friend took a video on his phone and I need to know how to convert it to a .mov or .mpeg file. The current file extention is .mrv.

Anyone have any idea about this?

If you can view the Video on your PC you should be able to Convert it useing pretty much any Video encoder but if you can not watch it on youyr PC then you will need to install the Correct Codec before you will be able to watch or convert the File ....

I have never heard of the MRV Format so it is most likely Proprietary ,meaning it probably can not be Watched or Converted unless you are useing Software Created by the Maker of this Format....

It could also be a Standard Video format but just have a Different extention so renameing the extention to MPG or AVI or WMV might get it working.....

You can use a Program Like "GSpot" to Find out the Info on this File like what codec is needed ECT....

Cheers

we got it working. It was taken on a palm pilot using a program called HomeRec. After I googled for a conversion to mpeg I found someone who had created an application for a converter.

Great video. ITs from one of our gigs. A pretty attractive and VERY intoxicated girl decided she was going to dance behind me....and by dance I mean basically use me as a pole.

Back