via 8t8000 chipset cleared for m-audio products

distortedrumble

all up in yo grill!
i just got an email back from m-audio about that via chipset and if its ok or not. they said it checked out and is cleared. emu and echo havent emailed me back yet....kinda disappointing. they're websites dont give a thumbs up for it and it seems that all these companies dont touch their website except for once every couple of months so i have no idea about emu and echo

distortedrumble said:
emu and echo havent emailed me back yet....kinda disappointing.
Creative which makes emu cards is not very good at updating their drivers for their PCI cards, let alone their website. They make very good PCIs but not that good software or drivers.

Echo stuff works fine with any Via chipset, KT133a or newer. I've ran them on KT133, KT333, KM400, and KT600.

E-mu's definitely being slow these days. Especially for a company that just announced a new product. (STill can't believe they announced a cardbus product while everyone else is going firewire...)

I'm kind of surprised Echo hasn't replied, as I remember them being quite swift while I was researching my sound card purchases...

Also, being cleared for a chipset isn't everything. I had click hell while trying to work my M-audio into two of my systems, both being based on the popular Intel chipsets of the time...the BX and the i815.

Back