VG88 or GR33

dave m

If you had a choice what would be the better buy: the VG88 or the GR33? I have a chance to get one or the other. besides Midi, what would be the advantage of a GR33?
davem

On paper,I don't see much advantage to the GR-33 at all,except that you would have some synth sounds in one box that the VG-88 doesn't have.The 88 is a more complete machine,and since it also has MIDI,you can always hook up a MIDI sound module to it and use both.BTW,Roland sent me an hour long video of their product demos at the Winter NAMM the other day.While some of the new products they have are truly impressive(VP-9000),I gotta tell you I was underwhelmed during the GR-33 demo.Sure they got the tracking time a lot quicker,but I just didn't think it sounded as good as hearing the same sounds played on a keyboard synth,you know what I mean? So for me,why bother?

Am I correct in saying that you can hook the VG up to a synth then record midi thru that? If that is true then I don't see the advantage of the GR33. How do the sounds compare to each other?
davem

Back