VF80 - strange problem with CDRW drive

Tubedriver

Hi

I have noticed a strange problem with the CDRW drive in my VF80. I'm trying to load wav files into a program, and if there are more than 39 wav files on the CD it wont read past that number!

The wav files are all named correctly. This is a real nuisance especially with the drum loops CD that I got with the unit. I get to the 40th wav file and it asks me if I want to eject the CD!

I'm thinking it must be a software problem. I'm running version 1.04 (I think)....

Anyone else have this issue?

cheers

Tube

Version 1.05

Have you tried downloading Version 1.05 from the Fostex website? I don't honestly know if this addresses your issues, but I do know that SOME CD-R issues were dealt with in the latest version...

I got onto the tech guru here in Australia, did you know that the software is now up to version 1.15 ???

He's sending me a CD. I hope this fixes it, but he didnt know if it would or not.....

why dont Fostex keep it up to date on the website?

New for me...

Did the tech say what version 1.15 is supposed to do? Anyway, I hope it addresses your issue.

HEY WAIT!!!!

Tubedriver said:
I got onto the tech guru here in Australia, did you know that the software is now up to version 1.15 ???

He's sending me a CD. I hope this fixes it, but he didnt know if it would or not.....

why dont Fostex keep it up to date on the website?

You have a VF80? Are you sure the V1.15 is meant for a VF80 and not for a VF160? I ask that because checking on the Fostex site, all VF80 software numerical configurations go v.1.03 or v.1.05 NOT v.1.13. In other words, they all have a zero in the middle, while all the VF160 updates have a 1. I would double check to make sure what you're getting is for a VF80.

Sorry about the triple post... I checked on the Fostex Japanese site (that I can't read) and it seems to show a 1.15 update for the VF80 (if I'm making things out correctly). It seems to deal a lot with "chain" recording (I'm assuming this is related to linking loops together...). Of course I could be all wrong. Your tech guy probably knows or maybe there's a PDF file on the CD you're getting. But I wonder why this update isn't on the US site...

Apparently the update helps with things like loading wav files (in some way that was not clear to me) so it may well be dealing with loops.

I havent looked at the Japanese site, that is interesting.

I'll let you know how it pans out.

T

Back