VF160 Problems - advice please...

Dave52

Hi guys, I've started having problems with my VF160, I'm thinking it's a send somewhere for fixing thing, but I thought I'd post here first.

There seems to be two issues. Firstly, when I'm recording it's as if the Master Volume just drops out. I can see the signall on the selected tracks (on the display) but there's no volume on the Master tracks, and I can't hear anything.

Secondly it's started to get temperamental when burning stuff to CD. It thinks the disk is full, when it's a new CD-R out of the box.

It's starting to piss me off now - any ideas...?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

So, what could account for both problems? Did they both start at about the same time? Maybe the operating system got corrupted somehow, perhaps fixable by installing an upgrade... Could also be the HardDrive. Or it could be that the problems are unrelated to each other. Are you using the same brand of CDR's as before?

Assuming you've backed up what you want, you could always go out and get a new HardDrive (fairly cheap nowadays), install, format, off you go.

But it might be an idea to just send it in to tech support... Sorry to be so vague.

Thanks for getting back to me. I've already changed the Hard drive a little while ago, so I don't think it's that. I'd like to upgrade the software - but I don't have a scsi drive, so I'm a little lost on that front. I'd like to upgrade the firmware - just to tick that possibility off the list.

Is there anyway of cleaning a CD Drive's Lense...? That could also tick off another possibility. I'm in the UK, so I don't know where my nearest tech support place is - I guess I'll have to have a bit of a hunt.

Thanks again,

Dave.

Dave
Could the problems be related to the new hard-drive?
What version of the operating system do you have? (1.10 or above will upgrade from CD).

With the CD drive problem, could be a brand problem, like bill says.
You can get a lens cleaner (Woolworths), but have you tried removing the CD drive then refitting it?

Orc

Hello again,

I put a new 20gig drive in yesterday afternoon, then waited for most of the day for it to format. I loaded a song from cd and it seemed to work and play back ok. I'll give it a little time before deciding whether that's cured it or not...

Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know after I've tried some recording.

Dave.

Back