VF160 backups on another unit

theletterq

Has anyone backed up a program on their VF16 or VF160 and then restored it on another machine? This should work in theory. A friend of mine that now lives a thousand or so miles away wants to do the long distance thing with me and I was thinking that if he gets a VF160, it would be way easier to just backup material and send it. As opposed to a wav file, all of the settings and everthing would be saved right along with it.

Back ups on another unit

At the moment I have a VF16 and VF160. I have moved a number of programs/songs from one machine to the other, and they have survived intact, complete with setup info.
For the transfer, I use zip disks (saving in Fostex format) but it could be done with CDs, if both machines have a suitable drive attached.
Hope this helps
'orc

Backups on another unit

Q I don't wanna spoil your plan but there's a potential hitch in it, if you want to send Fostex format backups. The file written to a CD by the VF160 can be seen by a PC (the file is called *.DAT) but when I burned the file to a different CD, the VF160 would not recognise the disk.
If you want to transfer WAV files, then no problem (as long as you stick to one song per disk for upload).
If you really must transfer Fostex format files - I have a work around - Let me know and I'll post it.

'orc

Well he won't be ready to go till later this summer sometime. I'll experiment a little to see what I come up with to. If needed, it won't be that big of a deal to just send the actual CD via snail mail.

Back