VF-16 scene memory feature problem

Tim Madorma

I am having a problem with my VF-16. I am running software v3.10. I really like using the mix scene memory feature, but I have ran into a problem when using this feature with different effects in different scenes. For example, say scene 1 uses for effect 2, a delay and then scene 2 uses for effect 2 a reverb. Now, when I playback, it switches from scene 1 to scene 2, but effect 2 does not switch from delay to reverb. Only after I stop the playback and then start again will the effect 2 change to reverb.

Any ideas.. hopefully this has been fixed after 3.10 :o)

Great question, and you ought to call Fostex direct. The guy there is very helpful... I own a VF80, not a 16, but I was under the impression that the 16 cannot do what you want it to. BUT I COULD BE WRONG. I thought you could only use 1 effect at a time in a given program... Sorry if I'm totally off base.

Response from Fostex

Scene Sequence with Different Effects.

There is one of the limitations on VF16, VF160 Scene Sequence Mode.

During scene sequence mode, if the next scene has effects from different group from the first scene, the scene will not be recalled automatically.

Effect groups of EFFECT 2 bank are followings;

(Effects in EFFECT 1 bank are L01-28, Reverb type only)

Reverb Type Effects:L01-L28.

Modulation Type Effects, such as Delay, Chorus: L29-L36.

Pitch Shift Type Effects: L37 and L38.

For example if you have S00 with EFF2= L01 NormalHALL , and S01 with EFF2=L35 CHORUS, Since they are in different group, the L35 CHORUS will not be recalled when the recorder reached to the pre-programmed Scene S01.

The reason for this, according to R and D, the different effect in the different group requires complete different effect algorithm, to avoid, audio glitch or mute at the effect change over transitions, they chose not to change the effect during scene sequence mode.

Back