VF-16 --99 virtual tracks???????

Ace2000

hello, please excuse my stupidity, but how do I make 99 takes of one track on the Fostex VF-16 and save them all?

Suppose vocals for instance? how do i save all the takes for picking a best one later?

any help much appreciated

The Vf-16 only has 8 virtual tracks. To use them, hit "edit" and scroll to "track exchange". You have to "swap" tracks that way.

thanks for the info. when I did a search on it I read that ther ewere 99 virtual tracks, so i wa swondering if ther ewas something I didnt know. the manul doesnt really explain virtual tracks in great detail.

99 programs, you can record and store up to 99 programs. 20 programs with 8 tracks of 4 minute songs is about the limit for the 5 gig hard drive.

Fostex replaced my unit cuz it had ch.1+2 blown when I got it.
The new one they sent me has a 10G hard drive.
They literally sent me one twice as powerful!!!
great guys at Fostex.

Ace2000,

The VF-16 is shipping now with a 10 gig hardrive!I got mine 2 weeks ago and love it!

btw/I had to send the first unit back because channels one and two were blown in it also.

are you serious???? I thought mine was a one time fluke!!
Ya the red peak lights were on constantly and I couldn't use the channells...it was a 5 g unit, so they said no prob send it back,
I got a new one with 10g, and no problems so far, I love it.
It must be one of the new ones you speak of.....

very wierd yours had the same problem.
I thought they were gonna think it was me being an idiot and blowing the channels, but they just said, return and replace.

Ace2000,

Im serious.ALL VF-16's are supposed to be shipping with the 10 Gig hardrive now.Im sure a few outlets will still have a few of the older ones with the smaller hardrive in them,but the new stock is fit with a 10 gig drive.

I was thinking the same thing you were about channels one and two being out.I thought they would think I fried them or something.I started a thread here somewhere about channels one and two not working and the peak lights being on solid red.......must be a flaw in some of these machines.

When I called to return it they didnt ask any questions.They(AMS) sent me a new one out 2 day air and provided the ARS pre-paid shipping label to send back the defective one.I cant complain!:-)

Back