very strange constant buzzing noise in protools

stayouttamalibu

recently i have been experiencing a weird problem. sometimes, but not all times, when i am using protools, this loud and obnoxious buzzing/droning noise comes up out of nowhere, and it is always related to real time plugins. if i get rid of the RTAs, it goes away. anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Last edited:
well the first few times it happened, it was the TRacks eq plugin, but this past time it happened, that plugin wasnt on or enabled anywhere, and i was just using the standard protools audiosuite d-verb and compression.

Hi stayouttamalibu,
I don't know if this could be it at all, but I'm jut throwing it out there because it happened to me a long time ago. Cable wires...near monitors, computers... etc, and it would sometimes interfere... cellphones, cordless phones too.

It's probable not the answer, but it reminded me of this.
Hope you figure out what's buzzing.

evt

yeah, i doubt it's anything with the cables or other interference.
i actually remember something like this happening to me once too, and confusing the hell out of me. i usually just remove the plugin and put it back on the track. always fixed it for me.
I know this isn't a "professional/technical" answer, but might be all you can do until Digi addresses the problem...if they can duplicate it at all. Try sending them an e-mail.

bennychico11 said:
yeah, i doubt it's anything with the cables or other interference.
i actually remember something like this happening to me once too, and confusing the hell out of me. i usually just remove the plugin and put it back on the track. always fixed it for me.
I know this isn't a "professional/technical" answer, but might be all you can do until Digi addresses the problem...if they can duplicate it at all. Try sending them an e-mail.
Back when I was using protools, I had a similar problem. I had to uninstall all the 3rd party effects I had on there and it went away. Perhaps that could be his problem too.
I've since moved on to Vegas 5.0, but I wouldn't recommend it - it's $600.00! :eek:

EVT said:
Hi stayouttamalibu,
I don't know if this could be it at all, but I'm jut throwing it out there because it happened to me a long time ago. Cable wires...near monitors, computers... etc, and it would sometimes interfere... cellphones, cordless phones too.

It's probable not the answer, but it reminded me of this.
Hope you figure out what's buzzing.

evt

yeah im pretty sure thats not it, its not like a constant non stop buzzing/hiss that comes from grounding problems or anything like that, maybe my title for the thread wasnt quite appropriate. what i meant by constant was that it seems to be happening a lot. its a very loud shreek that just comes up out of nowhere...it definitely goes away when i remove the plugin, but if i try to put the plugin back, the sound comes back.

Back