(very) Small monitor/tablet with vga input?

SayWhat?

Im guessing this is the off topic section, so thought id shoot this out there. :D

I have a hp microserver, and 2 powercuts recently seems to have thrown something off, I cannot remotely connect into it anymore.
I do not have a monitor for it and my tv is on the other side of the room and hooking it up to it will be awkward, so been thinking of buying a small screen of some kind that will allow me to see the desktop.

The server does not have HDMI ports, just USB's and a VGA, so I was wondering if there is anything out there that I can buy to hook up to it. I could just get a regular monitor but would rather something small, as in as much under 10" as is possible.

I have a nexus 7 but dont think its possible to use this in anyway (correct me if im wrong!)

Im guessing this is the off topic section, so thought id shoot this out there. :D

I have a hp microserver, and 2 powercuts recently seems to have thrown something off, I cannot remotely connect into it anymore.
I do not have a monitor for it and my tv is on the other side of the room and hooking it up to it will be awkward, so been thinking of buying a small screen of some kind that will allow me to see the desktop.

The server does not have HDMI ports, just USB's and a VGA, so I was wondering if there is anything out there that I can buy to hook up to it. I could just get a regular monitor but would rather something small, as in as much under 10" as is possible.

I have a nexus 7 but dont think its possible to use this in anyway (correct me if im wrong!)

There is software that you can use that the Nexus would work on. First up would be a software called Teamviewer. I use it to help others and it supports all major OSes (Google, Win and Apple). Chrome makes a remote desktop app, Microsoft has one in the app store (that one should work well), another is Splashtop, I have used it as well.

So, I think there are options, you just have to get to the server to get them configured.

Yeah ive used Teamviewer before, although never knew you could use it through the nexus, thats handy to know!
On this occasion I meant a small monitor that I can directly hook up to the server, which will allow me to see the desktop, reboot, etc.

Back