Very new, but this I believe this is my best track yet. Feedback truly appreciated.

Alan Watts

I'm not really sure how to classify this track, but this is essentially the type of music I enjoy to make. I am VERY new at ableton live and music producing in general...to be honest I really don't know what I'm doing. I get by simply by watching youtube tutorials, and ALOT of trial and error. I have SO much to learn, but this is where I am right now. Let me know if you guys can feel the energy I'm trying to give off in the song. Thank you for listening, and if you have music you'd like me to listen to I'd be happy to do so.

Here is the link ---> https://soundcloud.com/mike-tarr-1/go-ahead-dream

I'm not really sure how to classify this track, but this is essentially the type of music I enjoy to make. I am VERY new at ableton live and music producing in general...to be honest I really don't know what I'm doing. I get by simply by watching youtube tutorials, and ALOT of trial and error. I have SO much to learn, but this is where I am right now. Let me know if you guys can feel the energy I'm trying to give off in the song. Thank you for listening, and if you have music you'd like me to listen to I'd be happy to do so.

Here is the link ---> https://soundcloud.com/mike-tarr-1/go-ahead-dream

Are you looking for advice or just sharing? If the latter, this is not the place for that.

The clinic is for getting/giving advice on mixing or song building.

Mike (?), I dig the kicked back feel to this. 2000 era "techno", which is really the only electronica I ever listen to causally. ;)

The song could use a little more oomph (kick drum, maybe bring the synth bass up slightly when it picks up). The mixing is fine, really not hard to mess this genre up if you're listening for the right things when mixing.

The second time the songs gets energized there just isn't enough payoff there. Might want to explore adding an additional instrument/new part there to spice it up/introduce some variety.

I like it the way it is, although towards the latter half i noticed a drop.which is ok if you want it that way, overall a good sound and composition.

The other thing that came to my mind was the coldplay feel to the song, and that is ok too. Coldplay is a great band.

As a guitar player i would probably do the main melody with a classical guitar deal to move thing
around and escape the coldplay comparison.

For me the thing about recording is that you can take many options instrument wise.

Back