Very bad Playback

Docholiday

Hi,

Getting to grips with Cubase at the minute and all is going well except....

The playback I'm getting is very bad, distorted sounds, pops and clicks, delayed playback etc. I'm running a Yamaha Audiogram 6, Cubase AI4 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop with an Intel Celeron 1.4ghz processor and 1gb RAM which meets the basic requirements listed. Now I know that my problem is based around the processor and RAM and I would happily upgrade both but the question is which of them should I focus on?

It might be worth noting that all I am using it for is recording guitar, vocals and a few imported MIDI tracks for the backing tracks and this is just a hobby so I'm not looking for professional quality just be at a manageable level for the laptop to cope with.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

i assume you have already tried playing with the buffer sizes??? rams cheap so i'd try to start there... although there is a possible third issue... ya may want to consider a separate hard drive to record to... although when it's an issue typicly sound just drops out occasionaly... what happens is the puter interupts the audio to do housekeeping...

Back