Version 3.1.7 is out.

Cool,there's some good new features.....just being able to move tracks without moving everything else is great.

bdemenil said:
3.1.7 is no good for a number of reasons. Avoid it.

Would you mind sharing what those reasons are and if you are personally having problems with them?

I'm running 3.1.7 and have not had any problems yet. I'd like to know what to to watch out for.

Thanks, Terry

I take back my statement about 3.1.7 . After a bit of tweeking it works fine. make sure the 'Keep Audio Devices Open' checkbox (under advanced options for audio devices) is unchecked.

I was on 3.1.4 and my application was crashing literally every five minutes (sometimes more often). I think it was because of the song I was working with... I was doing heavy editing and I figured it just couldn't handle all the edits... so I upgrade to 3.1.7 to see if it would stop crashing and now I get a message that says "cannot open midi device" (or something like that) everytime I open a song. I don't use midi.. I never have.. none of my songs use midi... why is that dumb message popping up? :p

WATYF

make sure ntrack didn't accidentally create a config file in your song directory - this is a frequent cause of problems. The first time you run ntrack after install, make sure you run the program from its root directory rather than starting off by running from a song file.

If a config-file has allready been written to your song dir, just delete it (and any other strange files or dirs that don't look like they belong - like 'vst plugins'). Then run ntrack from its root dir. Then try opening your song again.

btw,.. I unchecked that "Keep Audio Devices Open" box and the Midi error message went away.. thanks.

WATYF

Geez... Whenever I use "keep MIDI devices open" The program crashes within seconds. What's with that?

I'm really started to regret upgrading to 3.0 24BIT.
2.2 Was so much more stable, but I only had the 16BIT version, so I had to upgrade.

Oren

3.1.8 is out already,quicker even than normal...phwooaaah.

http://fasoft.com/download.shtm

What's new in n-Track Studio v3.1.8:

Spectrum analyzer & tuner in EQ properties window
Listing of MIDI synth's own program names for tracks sent to VST instruments that support the enumeration of program names
Fixed problem with drawing groups volume evolution
Fixed problem loading v2.x songs

Cool.

Back