vegas to second drive.....is possible?

kennedy connor

I have been using Vegas recently and I am used to storing audio files on my D: drive and not C: where the program resides. I have checked the help files and the audio preferences/options and have not been able to do this. The wavs end up in the Vegas folder on C:.....oddly the program can find the files when i hide them in a folder on the D: drive after manually moving them there...but I can't figure out the trick to having the program do this for me.

Go to File/properties/Audio.... set the drive/folder where you want to store you audio files in the box, be sure to check "start all new projects with these settings" (it will automatically uncheck after you click okay)

To make things a little more tidy...

I create a folder for each project. When I create the project, I go into the project properties and tell it to put everything in THAT folder.

Queue

Thank YOU!!! I have been struggling with this "problem" too for a great length of time. After scouring the "options" menus I simply thought there was not a setting for this. You have definitely made my day!!!

Thanks Again!

These forums are a great source of info. Folks here have helped me out a lot..... Glad to help someone else out a bit!!

Back