Vegas pro

PPatrick

Does anyone out there have "Vegas Pro"? I'm thinking of trying this software out, but I was hoping for info from any current users. I have used SoundForge 4.5, and what I would like is basically the same thing extended to multiple tracks --- Is that what you get with "Vegas", or is it rather different? Also, I'm interested in knowing:

1) Can you sync MIDI and audio together? Can you do MIDI editing in addition to audio editing?
2) For multi-tracking, how well does it work? For example, I think Cakewalk sucks --- It's very difficult to add overdubs, and the mixing of the tracks is not straightforward.
How well does Vegas handle the mixing of the many tracks?

Check the sonic foundry website for the free demo and stop wondering what this software does. But- I can tell in you advance that it complements Sound Forge 4.5. It has no .wav editor of its own and no you can't edit MIDI tracks with it. It's a great digital audio multitracker with a great user interface. The manual is a pamphlet because everything is laid out so logically.

check out sonic foundry's ACID 2.0 - it's a hell of a lot cheaper than vegas and although most people use it as a loop maker, it is a great digital multitracker as well. i downloaded the demo of vegas and i used it for a while before realizing that i preferred acid for my needs. i load 4 or 5 direct x plugins and route tracks through them with automated fades etc... and bounce the whole thing down to a wave file for final mastering. that's my 2cents.

thnmnt, you are correct sir! While not being a full out multi-tracker, it does make ideas and the whole process a lot quicker! great song writing, pre-production tool.

Back