Vegas 7 Loves to crash

mrdarkside2k3

Out of the blue last week Vegas 7.0e decided to start crashing and would say it was gonna take about 2 hours to render a song that would normally take 3 minutes. So I uninstalled Vegas, did a bunch of cleaning on the system and reinstalled it. Everything was better untill I went to make an audio adjustment in the Audio Control panel in the tray by the time clock (windows toolbar). As soon as I would click in it Vegas would crash. Tried it like 10 miore times, and it would crash each time. Well I decide the comp does need to be redone. Full Windows reinstall. Been a year since the last time I did it. I get it all done. The computer is running so smooth. I load Vegas, I go to try the Audio Control. Boom, it crashes. When I check the Details to the crash I either see a lot of user32.dll, kernal32.dll, Classic Chorus.dll. I don't know what to do from here and I do have a good knowledge on computers. Has this happened to anyone else?

How old is the hard drive???
How FULL is the hard drive???

Sounds like you're getting corrupted files, which >may< be an early sign of a hard drive going.

When programs that have behaved themselves for awhile start going bad, there's usually a reason. Something has changed, you've added new stuff that's flakey or your hardware is going out.

I would start by putting a brand new hard drive (big ones are cheap now... $100 for 500Gb) and reinstalling everything fresh to it.

i hope you meant to put more than 3 gigs. b/c that is not enough to do anything on now a days. Maybe i am mistaken about the information, but you REALLY need a new HD...esp. to run music off of.

the SATA 3.0gb is a reference to the speed of it, not the size. The size of the drive is 250gig. And to let everyone know i figured out the problem. It was the Classic plugins themselves. I removed them from the system and Vegas is stable. I think there is a patch or something for windows that broke them. I load the song files that use the plugins without the plugins and no probs, as soon as I put their path in the VST settings it crashes. It's a pain in the ass, bu not a complete loss. I got the Kjaerhus Gold plugins for the respective plugins that I needed and I am fine now.

One other thing you can check are the settings. i dont know how to realy explain how to do it. However, I recall having a similar problem. It turned out that I had done something in the effects settings where everytime I tried to record - the whole program would shut down. I had to cancell out EVERY effect setting that I had, and start over. The good new is that once I cancelled every effect, the software went back to normal. I didn't have to re-install or anything of that nature. I had like 6 or so effect plug-ins. It does happen anytime I "go overboard" with too many effects. Although, I don't recall reading anything about a limited number of effects being the rule for the software.
That's my 2cents.
>>>>>>>http://www.myspace.com/breadwinnaz <<<<<<<<<<feedback welcome!

One other thing you can check are the settings. i dont know how to realy explain how to do it. However, I recall having a similar problem. It turned out that I had done something in the effects settings where everytime I tried to record - the whole program would shut down. I had to cancell out EVERY effect setting that I had, and start over. The good new is that once I cancelled every effect, the software went back to normal. I didn't have to re-install or anything of that nature. I had like 6 or so effect plug-ins. It does happen anytime I "go overboard" with too many effects. Although, I don't recall reading anything about a limited number of effects being the rule for the software.
That's my 2cents.
>>>>>>>http://www.myspace.com/breadwinnaz <<<<<<<<<<feedback welcome!
Usually you want to run a buss if you are messing with that many effects.

I had similar problems with Vegas 5.0, and why I don't use it any longer. The effects eat up a lot of RAM, check your cp usage when you are running effects and see what it is doing.

Perhaps the classic effects you were using were just too much of a RAM hog.

The other thing you want to do is not use the computer you are recording on for anything else. Temporary internet files and the like tend to eat up your virtual memory too.

Well I'm not in a position to use two seperate computers! whew what a world! I wish! - So I always clean out my temp net files and I set em to only hold stuff for like 2 or 3 days - cookies and cashe too . .. that helps me a grea deal - but I have had times when I forgot to empty them out and gheesh!! havoc wreaked upon my cpu . . . so whatever one can afford - just stay clever!

Back