Vegas 5 Latency Issues.

chrishisey

Hey guys, I've been having a really bad latency problem for a short wile now...
terra tech phase 88 sound card,
Vegas 5.0

my controle pan. for the phase 88 DMA latency buffer is set to 15ms... I have my Vegas 5 set to 15ms also.. but still my tracks are not staying on time. at first i thought it was just the proformance.. but now i realize it is my system.. and Idea's for fixing this problem?

Well, I guess you figured it out.

Sorry, I just hate dangling threads, especially when I'm the last one to reply! :D

Running a PC? Get a Mac... Can't afford a Mac? Sucks to be you!

(Sucks to be me too I got a PC)

:) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK here's something you might not know - Windows blows mouldy goats. I've been in IT for 15yrs now... I'm Certified degreed and all that crap, but most of all I have experience and I can say with all honesty that no matter WHAT Microsoft or anyone else would have you believe, Windows Performance WILL deteriorate over time... Here's what I did to solve the problem.

Fresh install of Windows 2K and all updates, installed all the software I use then Norton Ghosted the image onto a CD. When the performance starts dropping - restore the image (Jusat be sure you have a secondary drive where your "My Documents" folder resides. - That way you don't lose any data)

Sounds stupid, but until Microsoft decides to release something actually STABLE it's your best bet.

- Tanlith -

tanlith said:
Running a PC? Get a Mac... Can't afford a Mac? Sucks to be you!

(Sucks to be me too I got a PC)

:) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK here's something you might not know - Windows blows mouldy goats. I've been in IT for 15yrs now... I'm Certified degreed and all that crap, but most of all I have experience and I can say with all honesty that no matter WHAT Microsoft or anyone else would have you believe, Windows Performance WILL deteriorate over time... Here's what I did to solve the problem.

Fresh install of Windows 2K and all updates, installed all the software I use then Norton Ghosted the image onto a CD. When the performance starts dropping - restore the image (Jusat be sure you have a secondary drive where your "My Documents" folder resides. - That way you don't lose any data)

Sounds stupid, but until Microsoft decides to release something actually STABLE it's your best bet.

- Tanlith -
I get around it by buying a totally new pc every few years. Of course I don't record to my pc so I don't ever see latency issues.

And not everyone can afford a new pc all the damn time...

I don't think there's anything wrong with pc recording... I was going to post something about the acid pro latency problem I keep having, but I figure the hell with it. I have a sound blaster platinum and it's worked fine for recording, acid seems to work fine for a while too, then the latency problems start creeping up. I just got fed up and tried out a copy of adobe audition, and lo and behold, NO latency problems whatsoever. So instead of blaming my soundcard drivers like i've seen on SO many forums, i'm going to blame acid pro, and I would assume your latency problems are caused more by shitty coding and not the drivers.

That being said, I definitely am going to upgrade to an ESI card when I can afford it. But for now, the hell with acid, i'm just glad something finally works again.

</rant>

Back