Value Price Mic...but is it trustworthy?

ItzCashew

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--MSEDRK

Being a school student its hard to get money and save at the same time, let alone buying equipment. But so far i've been using a headset mic and i need to step up. A friend of mine helped browsed and found that Marshall Electronics MXLDRK Desktop Recording Microphone Kit for a lil over $100.

We read it over and saw that it doesnt need a preamp and doesn't need Phanthom power. All for that low of a price. Now i've never bought a "real" mic before so i need some input on this. Originally i was going for a USB from Samson, but being a 16 bit and latency issue i decided not to.
I just want to know if i'm getting a good deal and a good started mic. Or am i getting misleaded and blinded by the pricing. I would appreciate a good review and suggestion before i jump overboard. I thank you for your time.

Here's a lesson that I've learned and tend to stick with: buy cheap, buy twice. I would buy an old porta studio and sm57 copy before I did that. Mics and pres are maybe the most essential part of your signal chain.

scott

Back