v67 on the way

dirtythermos

I just ordered a v67. Wanted to say thanks to all you guys who bicker relentlessly about budget LDCs. :D It's great to read all the opinions.

Here's to hoping that "dark" works well with my voice. It should be here Friday.

I don't think it's all that "dark." It does have a notable proximity effect. If it's your first LDC, you'll love it (for a while anyway.)

Just picked one up today myself...

Mainly gonna use it for recording acoustics and the odd vocals here and there...

Definitely a nice looking Mic too. (Compared to my Shure 515SD's that i've been using :D)

Yeah, I have one myself.
I just recorded some guitar tracks and some vocal tracks with it yesterday.
I ran it through a Mackie DFX-12 into my Delta 44 using Adobe Audition.

Sounds awesome. You'll be pleased. (Then again, I haven't head any other condenser mics!) But it's very clean to me.

What pre will you be using?

I'll be using a dbx 286A. It has been a good preamp so far, lots better than the stock pres on my MD8.

I have an AT 4041 (SDC) that I love for acoustic guitar, but this will be my first LDC. I have been using a 57 for vocals.

crazydoc, what do you mean by "proximity effect?" Is that when the bass frequencies are exaggerated the closer you get to the mic?

congrats on your new mic! I have one also and love it. Its just a nice mic that sounds good.

Enjoy.

Herm said:
congrats on your new mic! I have one also and love it. Its just a nice mic that sounds good.

Enjoy.

I have one also and felt the same way when I first used it seriously. Now I have a V69 and it's another animal.

I guess it never stops.

Just try collecting different budget mic flavors as $ permits.

Malcolm

Back