v1.05 update???!

tomleblanc

I just got my MR-8, so I was looking all over for Wav Manager when I stumbled across this page, which has a v1.05 update on it (as well as a Mac verson of Wav Manager):

http://www.fostex.co.jp/int/software/dloadmen.html

Anyone know anything about this new update? It's strange, because when you go to the MR-8 page on the Fostex international website it pops up a window telling you about the 1.03 update. The other weird thing is that the .pdf file you can download along with it still refers to v1.03, but the update file itself is named "mr08_mv105.exe"

Anyone try it? I still haven't gotten around to hooking mine up to my computer yet.

Huh? that is strange. Along with the fact that they have software for Mac! Since the page you are looking at is from Japan, it is a hint of new updates to come, like full mac integration. Who knows as for the 1.05 weirdness.

b

im new to this board....just recently got my mr-8 after a month wait..but when it loads up it says mine is running v1.04 OS...i thought that was weird too...

beer20 said:
im new to this board....just recently got my mr-8 after a month wait..but when it loads up it says mine is running v1.04 OS...i thought that was weird too...

Welcome to the board! Let us know if you have any problems with 1.04. I am using v1.03 and it works "like buttahh"

clif

Hell, it took me 3 months just to upgrade to 1.03....just did it a few days ago. Now there's 1.05!!!! I'm always a little slow.

bd

///////

so when you download this upgrade....do you just save it to the mr8 file and then it'll automatically open when you plug in the mr8??

i saved the file...and then tried to open it and it wont open....bla........ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I updated my mr8. Anyone else notice that with V 1.05 the menu doesn't completely propagate until a few second after the machine boots up. Try turning on your mr-8 and hitting the menu button immedeately. I used to be able to do it succesfully with v1.03. Now when I do that, only the first and last items of the menu load and the others in the middle are listed as a series of dashes (------). weird.

any benefits?

I just got my mr8, and it also says it's running version 1.04. Anyone know what the difference is between that and 1.05? Should I update?

Usually, the only thing that they update that is noticeable is the ability to use more and more different brands of CF cards every update. I am using v 1.05 and there is no noticeable change from v 1.03 except for an issue i mentioned before (check out my last post on this thread).

For some reason they haven't posted v1.04 or 1.05 on the American Fostex site yet. They did post v 1.05 on the International site though. Which is where we all got it. Here's a link:

http://www.fostex.co.jp/int/software/dloadmen.html

turntablist said:
Usually, the only thing that they update that is noticeable is the ability to use more and more different brands of CF cards every update.

Here's a case where Fostex could stand to be a bit more communicative - not that the MR-8 needs much help, of course!

For example, two issues they might consider addressing would be:

1) Improve the amp sims. Not even sure if it's a software upgradable issue, but I would think so. I guess the downside to that, though, is that people might get lazy and not work as hard on getting the great sounds we've been hearing.

2) Allow access to the virtual track feature from the menu.

(Pretty amazing product if that's the best I can do for a wish list...)

I agree with both of those. The virtual track thing would be really nice to have in there.

And why dont they tell us exactly what they're updating on each update?!?! That pisses me off.

Back