V Drums Midi Problem

Peter Jules

Hi.

Who's familiar with triggering a software sampler from Roland V-Drums through Midi?

I'm trying to record my V Drums TD 12 through Midi into NI Kontakt Player (the instrument is Abbey Road Modern Drummer but it should not matter). The trouble is that I can barely hear most of the sounds.

The general transmission does work, as I'm seeing the display of the output channel level changing in Kontakt Player when I play a pad on the physical kit. And, when I play a pattern prepared by the factory from the drum controller I can hear a wonderful drum part with the sound of the Kontakt Player instrument. However, as soon as I hit a pad myself it is very, very quiet. There are one or two cymbals that I do hear much louder when I play them, that makes the thing even stranger.

I am a newbie and I am not aware that I have messed with any settings in the drum controller. I will be grafeful for any advice. Thanks.

Yep.

Using a TD-3.

I have used kontakt player quite a bit but NOT for abbey roads. I only have Steven Slate.

In the drum module, set the sensitivity so your hardest hits sound as such. It sounds like the sensitivity on your module is to low.

Back