Using Tascam M-216 INSERT as OUTPUT to Daw???

xmortumx

Well this is my situation. I just bought an Echo Audiofire12 firewire interface and im thinking of purchasing a Tascam M-216 mixer to go along to record using my Daw nuendo.( I want the mixer to use the pres, and to monitor mix)

Now here is the deal, can i use the Tascam mixer Insert jack as outputs, then use that same insert return the signal from the daw so i can record, yet monitor my overall mix with the mixer and daw? Im mainly looking to Multitrack with the mixer yet i still want to use it along my DAW(nuendo) to monitor and mix... for example i want to use the board EQ, and at the same time use some Plug ins from my daw. Is that possible? will their be any latency issues?

Here how i plan on using the mixer along the audio interface(Correct me if something wont work)

Mixer----(with TRS Y cable) To AudioFire12 interface.
LOOK AT THE PICTURE!!
mixyn1.jpg

If you guys can help me clarify my situation please let me know of any suggestions.. or if i dont make sense because i really dont know about mixers along with DAW's.

thanks

First of all Latency is a computer or sound card problem. The mixer wont have any effect on that.
And the eq may not work using the inserts on your mixer. You may have to use the subgroup outs to do that.

Back