using soundforge to...

gatezk

create a bass track.

ive been told that i can take a sample and create a bass track for it using soundforge.

"smooth the sample repeatedly n then maximize the bass" this created a nice effect, but not the booming sound i wanted.

are there any other suggestions for creating bass tracks in soundforge?

You probably could, but it would be extemely tedious and you'd end up doing it a million times to get it right.

Get yourself a $5 copy of ACID Music2 or FruityLoops instead.

Using SF is kinda like trying to kill a mosquito with a sledgehammer --- wrong tool for the job.

Cheers.

cool man..

ill try acid instead... i got 3.0... but i still dont see how using a loop program is going to allow me to create a bass track for a sample.

ill do some experimenting..

thanks man... peace

gatezk said:
create a bass track. ive been told that i can take a sample and create a bass track for it using soundforge.

"smooth the sample repeatedly n then maximize the bass" this created a nice effect, but not the booming sound i wanted.

are there any other suggestions for creating bass tracks in soundforge?

Maybe you're asking the wrong question. You don't want to use Sound Forge to create a bass TRACK, I think you want to use SF to create a bass SAMPLE or take a bass TRACK and EDIT it.

If you want to create a bass SAMPLE or EDIT a bass TRACK with SF, experiment with compression and eq. SF has Wave Hammer included that is a multi-band compressor, which is the type used a lot to tighten up bass tracks. Try the bass preset and then work from there.

SF also has another compressor and some EQs included, but I would suggest you look into some plug-ins from companies such as Waves and TC.

Good luck.

Stray

Back