Using Midi Keyboard

joseph1*

Please help, I'm connected to the logic pro with a Midi Keyboard.
Now what do I do? And can't hear any output when I arm recording.
Got audio?

How are you connecting it, and what settings in logic have you changed to make it see the keyboard's MIDI output? You have to help us a bit?

The Midi Keyboard has a USB cable, logic recognizes it, when I record a Midi track, there is notes being recorded but I don't hear anything, nor can I use the drum pad that is built into it

OK - you've created your track, and when you play you can see the MIDI events being recorded? Great - that's the crucial bit.

Have you actually told Logic what sound you want to play? I don't know what you have installed on your system in terms of samples, or synths or other VSTis, but In Cubase - what I use, you can create a track then open a VSTi and make the MIDI track talk to it, or just open a sound source from a list, that creates an instrument track, which is just a different kind of non-audio track. What sounds are you trying to make it work with? A MIDI track has an input and an output. Sounds like the input is connected, but you haven't got an output yet? If you have - then it will be a routing issue. Perhaps the sound you have picked is not routed to an output?

Back