Using Inserts or Not in Nuendo...

bad news

im recording 24/96....when i use inserts im recording at 32 bit float/96...what do u guys think is better...applying inserts..or recording and then cleanin up..is there any flaws or diff. in quality when using inserts..thanks

bad news said:
im recording 24/96....when i use inserts im recording at 32 bit float/96...what do u guys think is better...applying inserts..or recording and then cleanin up..is there any flaws or diff. in quality when using inserts..thanks
Inserts... Do you mean plugins?

yes, plug ins as well as nuendo shit...BUT...its transmitted to the vocals as ur recording...therefore not having to use any plug-ins etc. after..but im wondering if it affects quality if using inserts rather than cleanin up after recordin regular

The biggest problem with this is that there is no way to go back to the original sound once you've recorded with the plugin. It is probably best to record the signal as clean as possible so that you can mess with the plugins afterwards, incase there is something that you missed when recording.

mwarkentin said:
The biggest problem with this is that there is no way to go back to the original sound once you've recorded with the plugin. It is probably best to record the signal as clean as possible so that you can mess with the plugins afterwards, incase there is something that you missed when recording.
I agree, it's always better to record the signal as dry as possible. Some people will apply eq while tracking, some don't. I try to get the best sound going in, and if that means a little eq, I will give it. But I don't use anything else (plugins, hardware effects).

Back