Using Cubase and Alesis Mastercontrol

toreleiren

Hi! I am new to this forum. And I have a issue i wonder about....

I just reinstalled Windows Vista 64-bits, and reinstalled my Cubase 5 64-bits. And I also found the latest driver for the platform, and installed the driver. I also restarted the PC, as the instruction said. But in the manual, it says that after restarting the PC, one should follow the instructions that came....But, no further instruction followed. I tested the soundcard in Alesis, by just playbacking a random mp3-file. It did that without any problems....But, when I entered the Cubase, the fader-controllers did NOT correspond with Cubase, when I opened old projects, that I wanted to work on.....:((
So, I wonder if there are someone out here that have any idea of what might be wrong...?? For the record, the Alesis Mastercontrol Automation/Controller worked very nice befor I reinstalled the Windows....

You probably have to re set it up as a control surface (my guess).

Device-->device setup...

Hit the + button on the left of the window that pops up and select "mackie control" out of the options given. Once you do you need to select the midi input and output of that device to your Alesis.

This is in page 14 of your device manual. But the setup is the same for my control surface.

Hit the + button on the left of the window that pops up and select "mackie control" out of the options given. Once you do you need to select the midi input and output of that device to your Alesis.

Back