Using analog inserts with Mbox2

sushi-mon

I want to use some analog inserts with the Mbox2. However, I can't seem to find clear instructions on doing so. Do I use the left and right analog outputs of the Mbox2 or the left and right analog inputs for the inserts ?

If it is the two outputs, then I can't monitor what I am doing, only by headphones. This does not seem correct. If it is the two inputs, then I can see that working fine.

So, I have been sending the stereo mix out from Ptulz and into my mixing board and using the channel inserts and aux sends their to my analog gear. However, when I try to record back into ProTools with the L/R ins, I am flirting with feedback disaster.

I have muted the channel to be recorded on, and send its output to an unused bus, but unless I have the mix dial all the way to the right (only monitoring playback), feedback is a problem.

It seems my sound quality is degraded somewhat with how I have this set up. Is there a better way to do all of this, and what am I missing ? Maybe I need a more comprehensive mixer ? I have the Yamaha MG10.

Thanks !!!

Yeah, I actually rewired things a little bit this morning, and it is all working fine. Just takes time to tweak the different gain stages, and of course the mix knob is the key to no feedback. But it sounds great now.

Back