Using a Behringer FCB1010 to control a Lexicon MX200

SkullzBluz

I've got a Lexicon MX200 in my live rack, and I'm trying out a Behringer FCB1010 floorpedal as a controller. I have read the manual, and tried the 3 different methods for configuring tap/tempo, all with no success. The tempo light on the MX200 blinks at a very rapid rate, no matter what tempo I tap in on the controller's patch pedal.

I tried different values in the value 1 parameter, specifically 127 (max for the pedal) and 98 (shot in the dark, based on the Lexicon's manual-stated program change parameters).

Anyone have any ideas/info?

I dont see anyway you can actually tap it in from the pedal itself, it has to be done from the front panel for which ever processor you are using. Look at pg 37 of the manual, there are CCs assigned to tempo but those will just alter the preset timing.

If you need to do this live, find some other device that allows you to tap the tempo in and spits out midi clock and just hook that up. When the MX200 receives clock, it will sync to that.

In the 1010's manual it shows 3 different methods of programming tap/tempo, so I'm assuming that you mean the processor is not able to receive this message?

Do you know where I could find a complete list of the cc's for the MX200? I'd like to be able to control the input level from one of the pedals, if that's possible.

And thanks for your response!

In the 1010's manual it shows 3 different methods of programming tap/tempo, so I'm assuming that you mean the processor is not able to receive this message?

Do you know where I could find a complete list of the cc's for the MX200? I'd like to be able to control the input level from one of the pedals, if that's possible.

And thanks for your response!

I have the MX200 but not the 1010 so I can help there. CCs are on page 37 of the manual.

The MX200 only responds to clock so if the 1010 has the ability to tap in a tempo and then send the corresponding midi clock, that's all you need to do but like I said, I dont have one so I cant really help you there

On page 11 of the MX200 manual it says that it will receive midi tempo messages if it's in "midi sync" mode, but it doesn't way how to go about getting it IN that mode. Is it automatic? I went thru the menu (press audition and store simultaneously) but didn't see anything that resembled midi sync. Maybe it has to be hooked up to a computer via USB to select that mode? I'm shooting in the dark here...

On page 11 of the MX200 manual it says that it will receive midi tempo messages if it's in "midi sync" mode, but it doesn't way how to go about getting it IN that mode. Is it automatic? I went thru the menu (press audition and store simultaneously) but didn't see anything that resembled midi sync. Maybe it has to be hooked up to a computer via USB to select that mode? I'm shooting in the dark here...

No, it is automatic. If it is getting sync over midi, the light will pulse accordingly. I'll look at mine to refresh my memory tonight and give you the skinny.

I got a response from Lexicon support today, and they said what you said, "MIDI clock signal received at the MIDI input jack will automatically set the TEMPO of the delays. If the MX200 is receiving MIDI clock signal, the TEMPO light will be lit solid rather than flashing."

So the problem isn't in the MX200, it's in the footpedal. I don't see anything in the manual about "clock signal", and unfortunately, I don't know what it is or why I need it, other than to set the tempo.

I have a Yamaha Portatone that has midi ports also, would it have a clock function?

One other thing I thought of, when I'm trying to program the footpedal, it asks me for a value that I don't know how to figure. It asks for the maximum delay the MX is capable of, in milliseconds, and then divided by 10. Since the MX has 2.5 second delays, that would be 25000 ms / 10 = 2500, right? The maximum value I can input is 127, so that is the value I input.

I got a response from Lexicon support today, and they said what you said, "MIDI clock signal received at the MIDI input jack will automatically set the TEMPO of the delays. If the MX200 is receiving MIDI clock signal, the TEMPO light will be lit solid rather than flashing."

So the problem isn't in the MX200, it's in the footpedal. I don't see anything in the manual about "clock signal", and unfortunately, I don't know what it is or why I need it, other than to set the tempo.

I have a Yamaha Portatone that has midi ports also, would it have a clock function?

Right, solid not blinking. When it is in sync mode, it will no longer delay in ms but in musical time meaning 1/16th, 1/8th, 1/4 note and so forth. Admittedly, I have never controlled that parameter externally so I dont know how it would map out over a normal 8bit CC but I suppose that you just have to try it and pay attention to the display to see how many steps you have (IIRC, it was several whole notes)

As far as midi clock goes, it is normally sent from a sequencer, not a normal keyboard. If you need a sure fire way to test it, plug in the USB and grab midiox which has a clock function there where you can dial in whatever BPM you want and it will send it to which ever midi port you want. The MX's usb is just midi over usb so it should show up in midiox as an available midi port

delay switch as tap?

I am in the same boat, trying to figure out this beastly combination, but I have read that if you try tapping the pedal you have assigned to control your delay on/off, it should act as a tap/tempo button. I have no proof as i have not even connected them together yet, and suspect it applies to only Behringer products, but worth a shot? Scuse me if I ma talking out of my ass! LOL!

I am in the same boat, trying to figure out this beastly combination, but I have read that if you try tapping the pedal you have assigned to control your delay on/off, it should act as a tap/tempo button. I have no proof as i have not even connected them together yet, and suspect it applies to only Behringer products, but worth a shot? Scuse me if I ma talking out of my ass! LOL!

The midi implementation chart is on pg 37 of the manual (http://www.lexiconpro.com/product_downloads/12/manuals/MX200Manual_B.pdf)

The things that can be controlled on the mx via midi are: effect Type, bypass, the three knobs, tempo (as a function of 100%, not sync), and Mix. If you want time synced delays to clock, it has to receive clock, you cannot tap it in remotely

A guy from GC called Lexicon and explained my problem, and the Lex tech said to turn off program change on the Behringer pedal for the patches I'm trying to control tempo on, and then the tap/tempo feature should work.

I'll keep you informed.

Back