using 2 soundcards

guttadaj

Howdy, folks.

Well, after the Audiophile 2496 dropped to $100 from $150, my thinking about getting one finally turned into a purchase. I have been using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard, which I would like to keep using for non-recording kinds of tasks (don't do much gaming, but for listening to CD's and using headphones and stuff like that) and possibly for its MIDI synth.

I installed the Audiophile last night, and it seems to be working fine, but my Santa Cruz is hosed! :( I looked in the Device Manager, and the Santa Cruz actually seems to have its own IRQ, while the Audiophile is sharing IRQ 19 with one of my USB ports (that could be a problem for a different day). So, it doesn't seem on the surface to be an IRQ conflict, although granted I don't really understand that stuff very well. I can't even run the sound check on it - the useless Windows troubleshooter suggests updating drivers for it, but I tried and they are up-to-date. I'm really confused because I would have thought that the card getting ADDED would be the one that would give me problems not the one that was already working.

Anyone here have this kind of set up successfully? I think I remember 1 person with exactly this set up (calling JimY... calling JimY... :)). Any tricks to getting this set up? Anyone know what I should check or try?

Thanks, :)
-Jeff

I had this same problem when going I got my M-Audio Delta 44...
What ended up fixing it was updating the VIA chipset.
Not sure what kind of chipset you have
But if you go to your device manager you can find out.

Also... maybe try uninstalling both then installing them again...
When I restored my computer...
It worked fine to install the M-Audio card first then the Soundblaster.

I dunno give it a shot...

Back