used Rode NT1

steve js

Hi Folks- My first post here.
I just finished my first CD- (now i just have to sell it- the easy part!) On which I used a borrowed NT1 for vocals and guitars- It sounded great to me but it is my first large diaphram experience :) I also used a rented Akg 414 for some stuff but liked it less...
My question: i have the opportunity to buy the NT1 for $500 used (canadian $) I guess this would be around 300 US. is this a reasonable price?
Steve from wpg

Well the Rode goes new for around $380US if that helps any.

Also, I'm interested that you liked the NT-1 over a 414. What version the a 414 was it?

Just goes to show you should listen yourself...

I obviously don't hear things the way you do but i can't see the NT1 sounding better than a 414, unless you were talking about the NT2, which i like probobly as much(with a bit of fiddeling, and the right pre), but they have a compleatly different quality to them. I guess it just comes down to, how you use it, and what you use it for.

omnipotent :)

[This message has been edited by omnipotent (edited 05-12-2000).]

Have you tried using the nti on acoustic guitar. I found them great for warmth on the sound hole or even at the back. For the price they are a good overhead , not too impressed for vox though, without a heck of a lot of eq. Used it with the 02R and a TLA eq.

I would probobly select a 414 first on many applications, but both are great mics.

$500 Canadian, sounds like a bit much for a seccond-hand NT2. But you should listen to it. I belive not all NT2's are created equaly(some sound better than others).

omnipotent :)

380 $USD = 566 $CAD (multiply by 1.49)

A brand new NT-2 in Montreal goes for between
$570 and $630 CAD (plus 15% tax).
The NT-1 goes for between $400 and $450 CAD.

Hope this helps.

TallWall

Back