Used Maxell XLI and XLII With A Few Splices: Any Market Value?

beau

I promise this is my last question about selling my old tape and reels :o)

Some of my used Maxell XLI and XLII tapes have a few splices. I've been trashing the tape with lots of splices, figuring it had no value, but I'll put the modestly-spliced stuff up too on classifieds if anyone thinks it has any value.

Thanks again, all the info on this forum has been super valuable.

~ beau

I'll have to give this one a resounding NO! Of course if someone feels they can use spliced tape they will even if most will say it's a bad idea. Not only for timing issues, but some splicing and leader tape goes bad even though the Maxell tape itself will not. On the other hand the reels may have some value, believe it or not. I prefer the reels with two winding openings like the style of the MR-7 metal reels, but they were only made for a short time compared to the reel styles before and after. If you have those reels someone, namely me, would be interested in them just for the reel.

:)

Thanks, Beck, I figured that spliced tape wasn't worth anything, thanks for the confirmation - now I def don't feel bad about having trashed about a million feet of it in recent weeks.

I have lots of Maxell reels with the two winding openings, both metal and plastic, when I put them up on classifieds I'll shoot you a note

Back