Used Gear

xtremedb

Alright people... here's the deal:

I was doing a festival this past weekend. Eight bands, 10,000 watts, two days... nothing new. UNTIL... this monsoon comes up out of nowhere. To make a long story short, the rigging wasn't done well (not by my company) and the tarps covering much of the stage flew off, dumping water on my gear. People running, kids crying, stuff flying everywhere... it looked like a scene out ot Wizard of Oz.

Anyway, tomorrow I go shopping for 3 or 4 grand worth of replacement equipment. In the meantime, I'm getting rid of a bunch of gear cluttering my living room to help foot the bill. Here's a quick list... if you see anything you want, send me an email at brad@just-for-musicians.com. BTW, if anyone has real-world experience with a company that provides insurance for this sort of business, please let me know. I've avoided it in the past, because it's nearly impossible to find a company that will insure against such strange circumstances (among other reasons).

All this stuff is in good working condition, I'm just too busy to play with my toys these days. Thanks for the help guys!

Lexicon MPX-G2 with Lexicon floor-controller... $1,000

Yamaha VL70-m acoustic modeling synth... $325
Yamaha WX5 Wind Controller... $300
(These two are VERY cool together)

Soundcraft Spirit Studio 8 buss, 6 aux, 4 band EQ
Awesome console, but heavy to ship (It's a real big-boy)... $850

Behringer Ultracurve digital EQ and calibrated test mic... $350

Line 6 2/12 combo (the original) with floorboard and cover. Nice amp, can be upgraded with chip from Line 6, although I prefer the original. I also have some custom sounds stored in it that we modeled in the studio off a Mesa DC3, a Boogie, and a vintage Super Lead... I'll leave them in memory... $575

(3) Peavey 31 band graphic eq... $75 ea.

Rane 31 band graphic eq... $76

Behringer Autocomm compressor (the 1st model)... $75

Alesis 3630 compressor... $70

Digitech Studio Quad processor... $250

dbx 266 compressor... $80

Audio Logic 4 Channel gate... $75

Peavey XG5 5 channel gate... $65

Audix D4 kick drum/bass mic... $100

AKG d112 with case and swivel-clip... $140

Yamaha REV100... $80

Peavy 8.5 amplifier... $200

Peavey monitor system 3 wedges (15"/horn) and 1 drum fill (15" and horn) $400 for all or $125 ea. Would be heavy to ship all of them, or you could pick up if you live anywhere near New Orleans/Baton Rouge.

American DJ light system: (3) 4 Channel dimmer packs (older analog style), (1) 12 Ch controller, connecting cables... A few of the bump buttons are broke, a few fuses missing, it'll take a little work, but you can have a light show real cheap... just please take it off my hands... $100

Mackie 24/4 mixer with SBC flight case... this is the ONLY piece of equipment I am listing that was at the show I mentioned. Give it a thorough cleaning, maybe replace one or two components and you'll probably have a good as new board. It was in perfect condition working monitor duty prior to this incident. Bring it in to your local shop or do it yourself. Either way, you'll probably end up with a working Mackie 2404 and flight case for... $350 (Hell, I think I payed nearly half that for just the flight case).

That's it! I know... I'm a gear junkie. Believe the myths... it is a disease! Anyway, if you need any info on the products, PLEASE search the net, rather than emailing me first. Everything is in good working order, unless I mentioned otherwise. I apologize if it takes me a day or two to answer email, I will be busy this week.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can find a QSC-MX3000, a 3way stereo/4 way mono cross, and some stage lighting (pars, fresnels, dimmers, controller), I would appretiate advice. I am only interested in used gear in good working condition.

Thanks for all the support!

Brad Gallagher
http://www.just-for-musicians.com

Isn't it ironic.............don't ya think,

Earlier this year I was trying to dispose of a QSC mx3000 to help finance purchasing an 8 buss console. I couldn't even give it away at the time, eventually I found a guy in Sydney that had what I wanted and we did a straight swap........my QSC for his surplus Soundcraft Studio 24/8.

Wrong time of year and wrong part of the world, otherwise we might have done a deal Brad...........lol.

Peace...........ChrisO :cool:

re: insurance

I've carried insurance on my gear since 1974 (right after I got some gear ripped off) - naturally I didn't have in when I needed it - and haven't used it since I got it.

Any insurance should be for a "big hit" - that's why we all take deductibles to "absorb" the small hits.

Insurance for musical gear if hard to find - but some options are:

1. Join the Musician's Union - you can gain access to an insurance program through the union

2. Talk to you personal insurance agent (but it's possible he/she can't help since you're looking for commercial lines coverage vs. personal lines coverage)

3. Contact insurance agents who deal in commercial (business) insurance.

Be prepared, cause it ain't cheap. Gear can be easily damaged, easily stolen and easily fenced. Also some musicans file false claims to by new gear. If you can find it you will probably pay a couple hundred bucks for about $5000 of coverage.

If you were a songwriter you could get insurance SUPER cheap through ASCAP. ASCAP members have access to Life/property/Health etc at VERY good rates. I think 25,000 worth of coverage for gear is like around 100.00 per year maybe a little less depending on whether its for gigging or studio. LOL write a shitty song fill out and application and once your a member get the insurance!

Thanks for the interest guys... here's what's left:

Lexicon MPX-G2 with Lexicon floor-controller... $1,000

Yamaha VL70-m acoustic modeling synth... $325 SOLD
Yamaha WX5 Wind Controller... $300 SOLD
(These two are VERY cool together)

Soundcraft Spirit Studio 8 buss, 6 aux, 4 band EQ
Awesome console, but heavy to ship (It's a real big-boy)... $850

Behringer Ultracurve digital EQ and calibrated test mic... $350 SOLD

Line 6 2/12 combo (the original) with floorboard and cover. Nice amp, can be upgraded with chip from Line 6, although I prefer the original. I also have some custom sounds stored in it that we modeled in the studio off a Mesa DC3, a Boogie, and a vintage Super Lead... I'll leave them in memory... $575 PEDALBOARD SOLD

(3) Peavey 31 band graphic eq... $75 ea.

Rane 31 band graphic eq... $76 SOLD

Behringer Autocomm compressor (the 1st model)... $75

Alesis 3630 compressor... $70

Digitech Studio Quad processor... $250

dbx 266 compressor... $80 SOLD

Audio Logic 4 Channel gate... $75

Peavey XG5 5 channel gate... $65

Audix D4 kick drum/bass mic... $100

AKG d112 with case and swivel-clip... $140

Yamaha REV100... $80 BOTH SOLD

Peavy 8.5 amplifier... $200

Peavey monitor system 3 wedges (15"/horn) and 1 drum fill (15" and horn) $400 for all or $125 ea. Would be heavy to ship all of them, or you could pick up if you live anywhere near New Orleans/Baton Rouge.

American DJ light system: (3) 4 Channel dimmer packs (older analog style), (1) 12 Ch controller, connecting cables... A few of the bump buttons are broke, a few fuses missing, it'll take a little work, but you can have a light show real cheap... just please take it off my hands... $100

Mackie 24/4 mixer with SBC flight case... this is the ONLY piece of equipment I am listing that was at the show I mentioned. Give it a thorough cleaning, maybe replace one or two components and you'll probably have a good as new board. It was in perfect condition working monitor duty prior to this incident. Bring it in to your local shop or do it yourself. Either way, you'll probably end up with a working Mackie 2404 and flight case for... $350 (Hell, I think I payed nearly half that for just the flight case).

<B>Thanks guys!</B>

Back