Use Your Voice to Control Any VST (or any MIDI controled track) Feature Request

Joze Kyza

Cubase official Website voting system link https://forums.steinberg.net/t/use-...ontroled-track-feature-request/813185?u=planz PLEASE VOTE

Imagine being able to hum, sing, beatbox (…etc.) your melody, harmony, break, baseline, chord progression (…etc.) in real-time on the VST of your choice!

I can see this helping everyone in all genres of music, hip hop, rock, EDM, Country, K-Pop, R&B (…etc. if I didn’t choose your genre I’m sorry, just know you’re also included and benefited)

This would make the Creative workflow SUPER FAST, literally letting you put the song in your head in the computer instantly and how you want it.

How it would work :

You load up a VST of your choice, and activate “Voice Control” (or something that sounds better) button/mode, and hum, sing, beatbox (…etc.), what you want to hear on the track. Your voice will essentially control the VST as you sing. (there should be an option to muse your voice so that you only hear the VST or VSTs)

Recording
You can press record and hum, sing, beatbox (…etc.) in your project and the MIDI data will be recorded into the track in real time.

Scales
the Voice Control should have its own left sided tab with parameters, one being scale, where you can use known scales (what Var audio does when pitch shifting)

You could just put in your own scale using a visual representation of the 12 keys of an octave on a keyboard (C to B, including sharps/flats), you would just select the keys in your scale i.e if I want C Major, I would select all the white keys.

For chords
this would be done by having the single note MIDI data generated by your voice trigger a chord from the scale you had previously selected.

For beatboxing (not essential but would be super EPIC)
you would first have to register sound that coincide to certain sounds on your Drum/Battery VST, so that cubase knows what a kick sounds like and match it to the kick pad.

The crazy thing about it that a big part of the work is already done in Cubase today, as you can indeed turn your audio into MIDI data, just that you can’t do it live, let alone live while controlling another or various VSTs in real time.

As of now there are work around via 3rd party VSTs, but that’s not integrated into the DAW itself, thus all kinds of problems can occur …

If you Read this, please vote for this. (if you find it usfull… Comme onnnn , how is this not going to help you, LOL). Don’t for get to have a Great Day, stay safe and keep making EPIC music!

Totally against - far too complicated, error prone and pointless. How do you speak a fader or pan movement or a channel being used like a manual compressor. Words are pointless.

Back