USB port not powering device

I had nothing but problems with my mpd. USB wouldn't power it, nor even recoginize it. I had to use an ac adapter and midi to just use the damn thing. I took it back, GC wanted a 15% restocking fee when they were the first to admitt that they just want these out of their store because everyone has issues with them. Needless to say, on top of all the problems the mpd16 put me through, GC made it a pain to get my money back making it one of the worst buying experiences i've ever had.

I'd go with another brand if you can still exchange it.

talontsiawd said:
I had nothing but problems with my mpd. USB wouldn't power it, nor even recoginize it. I had to use an ac adapter and midi to just use the damn thing. I took it back, GC wanted a 15% restocking fee when they were the first to admitt that they just want these out of their store because everyone has issues with them. Needless to say, on top of all the problems the mpd16 put me through, GC made it a pain to get my money back making it one of the worst buying experiences i've ever had.

I'd go with another brand if you can still exchange it.

I concur!...Back it went, ....and in it's place I got a Korg padKontrol, fantastic! It comes with a 230 meg demo kit of dfh's drums. Best sounding drums I've heard , setup was pretty painless compared to the Akai, and the sensitivity of the pads is great...

Back