USB 4in's and 4 out's

sae

I am looking for a USB 1.0 sound card (break out box, whatever) so that I can record 4 tracks at once. I want something so that I can record drums.

Sugguestions?

Better get a firewire unit then. USB cannot do more than 2in/2out without hiccups, usually. Some people have had success with the Tascam US428 and the M Audio Quattro, but I read more horror stories than happy endings.

Check out the Quattafire that's coming out from Ego-Sys.

It looks like a hot little unit. Finally a FW device that isn't a huge rackmount.

the minute after I posted I was thinking fire wire (but it was time for sae to get some sleep :D) I will be using it on a laptop (PIII 850 with 312mb ram) Is it possible to get a pc-card that will allow me to use fire wire? Or what about a pc-card sound card of some sort (if there is such)

Polaris20 said:
Better get a firewire unit then. USB cannot do more than 2in/2out without hiccups, usually. Some people have had success with the Tascam US428 and the M Audio Quattro, but I read more horror stories than happy endings.

Check out the Quattafire that's coming out from Ego-Sys.

It looks like a hot little unit. Finally a FW device that isn't a huge rackmount.

how much is that unit?

Back