US-144 CVPiano will not install SP3

oneArtist

When I try to install CVPiano sampler I get an error message saying I need service pack 2 or higher for XP. I have service pack 3. Any suggestions?

Chuck

How to successfully install CVpiano on WinXP SP3

Finally!!!

After 2 hours of trying every way possible to install CVPiano on a WinXP system with SP3 updated, I have found the answer!

First remember this - you must exactly follow this thread's previous post regarding the instuctions to use the Microsoft Compatibility Toolkit (thank you for this help!), so I won't repeat this here again; so make sure you look at the previous post. BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT...

1) UNZIP the CVPiano.zip files to your desired unzip target directory as you normally would for anything you usually like to install
2) THEN MANUALLY CREATE a folder within this target folder called 'plugin'
3) COPY all the unzipped files to the plugin folder
4) THEN follow the other post's instructions for installing via the Microsoft Compatibility Toolkit, and make sure you use a reference to the initial unzip location, NOT the copies in the 'plugin' folder.

Thats' it! This will work, guaranteed!

Reason: it appears the GVI install script calls for certain files (eg. CVPiano-GVI-Modeled.dll) to reside in a subdirectory of the root install file location called 'plugin', but no one put them in there to begin with! I discovered this solution by looking at my previously failed install logs for CVPiano.

I hope this helps all you out there who gave up on trying to install this cool free piano from Tascam ~ have fun! :)

nagravator

Last edited:
Same problem

But the link to the compatibility program is dead. Any ideas?

Also, the root folder already has a subfolder named "plugin".

Last edited:
Back